Friday, May 9, 2014

Favorites on a Friday

Happy Friday, everyone! 
With this new incarnation of this blog, I'm lucky to have gained a few new readers (thank you!).  To be honest, while I wasn't writing here, I wasn't reading here as well (if that makes sense).  Other than referencing my recipe page periodically, I've really been hands off here for the last year and a half.  As I've gotten organized to get back in the swing of things on the blog, I've paged back through some of the 3.5 (!!!) years where I was posting multiple times a week.   It is so wild to have a chronicle of so many different phases of our life as a young family.  I wouldn't expect anyone other than me to have interest in paging back through so, so many posts; but as I did I came across some old favorites that  are much more representative of this space as a whole than what you see if you click back a page or three or four from this one.  I had already kind of lost my blogging mojo when we were moving and I was pregnant in 2012 and it totally shows.  In any case, I thought I'd link back to some old favorite posts, just to give new readers a bit more of the flavor here if you should happen to be interested.

On life and mama stuff:
Thief of Joy, May 2012
Seeking, February 2012
Fear Itself, Novemeber 2011
A Day in the Life, September 2011
Life Lesson a la Music Class, July 2011
Relinquishing Perfection, April 2011
Control, February 2011
Paint Stress, November 2010

And some all time fave recipes:
DIY Bruschetta Bar (pictured above)
Salad Niçoise Bar
Life Changing Beef Stew
Turkey Pho
Pasta e Fagioli
Enchiladas Verdes
Muqueca (Brazilian Style White Fish in Coconut Milk with Tomatoes and Peppers)
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos
Slow Roasted Summer Tomatoes
Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup
Arugula Almond Pesto
Magical Iced Coffee
Celebration Cake

I'm still definitely feeling my way as I try to get back in a groove here.  The world of food blogging is expansive and saturated, so I feel a need to make any offering I present really worthy, exceptional, and unique.  No pressure!  I'm also thinking a lot about how to share the anecdotes of our daily life without compromising the privacy or personal stories of those I love the most.  All this in a moment where weeks seem to slip through my fingers like seconds...but I'm determined to find a middle path and a little time to write and make it work.  If you're inclined to comment, I'd absolutely love to know... what kind of posts are your favorite to read?

For now, I'm going to close down this laptop and go snuggle up with my dudes on this rainy afternoon.  Wishing you a lovely weekend...

1 comment: